Re: oms problems

From: jgar the jorrible <>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:11:01 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 19, 2:04 pm, hpuxrac <> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 4:57 pm, joel garry <> wrote:

> > very similar environments (same OH, different SID and ports).  Maybe
> > support knows about it now... naw, you'll just get script-readers
> > telling you to reconfigure, perhaps correctly most of the time.
> > The configs act like they change by themselves at infrequent random
> > times.  I'm probably just insane, sleep-reconfiguring or
> > something.  :-)
> Well actually you are ( as usual ) pretty much dead on target.
> Script readers sounds pretty polite you must be having a good day?

To be honest, when I had the problem that really went downhill, I wound up with some guy in Australia who genuinely wanted to help, knew what he was doing, and was willing to stretch the "one SR, one problem" rule to get the job done. I think he said he had previously been a DBA with HP or something. One experience like that can generate a lot of goodwill.

I've had some pretty bad days lately, but it's all personal stuff (eg, uninsured 2007 Navigator 'boned wife's 5 month old car, other stuff I wouldn't put online - and you've seen some of what I'm not afraid to put online... :-O ). Work is predictable even in chaos, so that part's ok, glad to be working.

Thanks to Ben for posting solution, even if it shows I didn't understand the problem. I can only guess you (or someone...) manually set X to work the one time on your original PC, then never rebooted, see

-- is bogus.