Re: Cheap Cheap Database Recovery

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:32:27 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 20, 12:25 pm, pitufo <vandr..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks.
> Yes, I agree with you. That's what is puzzling me. I tried today, and
> it worked. I even created a metalink case, and created an avi file,
> showing the process but 'unfortunately' it worked....maybe I was
> omitting the using backup controlfile part...I don't know, I'll keep
> testing it, and testing it.
> best regards,
> Andres

But "unfortunately it worked ... " you are killing me dude!

Yeah you have to make sure you follow the same steps exactly each time for a workable scenario. As best as I understand your postings you are I think ( even though apparently not using much of it done via rman ) proceeding with a valid recovery scenario.

Even if you don't want to use rman for the backup ( why not but that's a longer question and answer ) I would recommend that you get your control file copy using rman ( copy current controlfile to '/ someplace' ) ( are you doing that with sqlplus ? what commands exactly ) and restore your copy of the control file by rman ( startup nomount and restore controlfile from '/someplace' ).

If you really want more specific comments you may want to post in a somewhat more organized fashion than your posts so far in this thread exactly what your current procedure is and all the steps and syntax involved. Received on Fri Feb 20 2009 - 14:32:27 CST

Original text of this message