Re: DataGuard vs Hardware mirroring for DR

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 22:00:25 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 20, 5:52 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> Grabbed by this quote from May, 2005 by Hrishy from Pa:  "Just a
> thought with the 10g ASM and RMAN plus the flash back redo.I think
> oracle is trying to enter the arena of storage .This is increasingly
> observable when you use flash back database technology :-).Just a
> matter of time i think when oracle would be there."
>
> Wow, talk about hitting the nail on the exadata.

http://dbasrus.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html look for the "no moore" series.
I did explain the exadata "push the sql to the disk subsystem" principle of operation.
And IO speed of GB/s still is not enough for the HB-class db: we need a lot more than that - or disks that can do the query themselves!