Re: Cheap Cheap Database Recovery

From: pitufo <vandresv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:19:34 -0800 (PST)

Jim, thanks for replying.
No special reason for not using RMAN, I haven't got time to practice it.....

Regarding this method: You are right, shame on me....cron was suppose to alter databse create controlfile to 'filename';

Ok, I did it like that and created a consistent backed up controlfile.

I moved it to the recovery server, and replace the old ones. After that I recover database using bacup controlfile until cancel. (here a parenthesis, before doing the recovery I queried v $recovery_log and it showed 56 rows, after the recover it shows no rows, but the recover produced exactly the same result, it only appied one archive log and then stopped with 'media recovery complete') Can you see what is wrong here ? (I can't, I really can't) Thank you so much, Received on Thu Feb 19 2009 - 23:19:34 CST

Original text of this message