Re: How to determine oracle user size?

From: Paulie <linehan.paul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:53:13 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 19, 4:40 pm, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:

> > There has to be a result!

> Not necessarily. The schema in question might not own any objects.

I didn't mean "240MB" - I meant a result of *_some_* sort - even if the user has no privileges or whatever.

An error would be thrown or something - can't think offhand exactly what, but the SQLPlus prompt would come back after something had been written to the screen.

> > Try
> > SELECT owner, sum(bytes/1024/1024)"size"
> > FROM dba_segments
> > GROUP BY owner

> > Run this as SYSDBA.

> Why as SYSDBA?

So that the user has the privileges to run this against any schema.

Paul...