oms problems

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:23:59 -0800 (PST)

aix 5.3 64bit
EM Repository DB 10.1.0.4
OEM 10g R3 Grid Control

Other than Doc id # 283327.1, which I'm not being affected by, does anyone know why trying to start oms via a Putty connection to the server would work on from the PC you used to install it and not another? The mentioned doc id, has reference to $DISPLAY being hard coded in a couple of files, but that isn't the case with our install. Are there other config files that would have an IP address hard coded?

The problem was / is basically when I run $OMS_HOME/bin/emctl start oms

all components except EM start and it times out on starting EM. If I go to the old PC that I used to install OEM, it starts fine. I compared the two environment setups and the only difference was the variables used to store IP address and port information. Received on Thu Feb 19 2009 - 13:23:59 CST

Original text of this message