Re: Getting "ORA-29024: Certificate validation failure", when using UTL_HTTP to POST to Google Checkout URL

From: Jimbo1 <jamestheboarder_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:32:10 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 18, 6:54 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2:07 pm, Jimbo1 <jamestheboar..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello there,
>
> > I'm running Oracle 10g Release2, XE Edition.
>
> > I'm trying to use the UTL_HTTP Package to submit a POST request to the
> > Google Checkout Test Server.
>
> > Now, if I run my script to try to send a POST request tohttp://www.google.co.uk,
> > it works, i.e.
>
> > DECLARE
> >    l_url VARCHAR2(200) := 'http://www.google.co.uk';
> >    l_request      UTL_HTTP.REQ;
> >    l_response     UTL_HTTP.RESP;
> > BEGIN
> >    l_request := UTL_HTTP.BEGIN_REQUEST( l_url , 'POST' );
> >    UTL_HTTP.END_REQUEST( l_request ) ;
> > END;
> > /
>
> > However, if I run it to post to the "https://"-prefixed address, the
> > following script will get an ORA-29024 Exception, i.e.
>
> > DECLARE
> >    l_merchant_url VARCHAR2(200) := 'https://sandbox.google.com/
> > checkout/api/checkout/v2/reports/Merchant/'||'&MERCHANT_ID';
> >    l_request      UTL_HTTP.REQ;
> >    l_response     UTL_HTTP.RESP;
> > BEGIN
> >    l_request := UTL_HTTP.BEGIN_REQUEST( l_merchant_url, 'POST' );
> >    UTL_HTTP.END_REQUEST( l_request ) ;
> > END;
> > /
>
> > The full exception string I'm getting is:
>
> > ORA-29273: HTTP request failed
> > ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 1029
> > ORA-29024: Certificate validation failure
> > ORA-06512: at line 8
>
> > I entered my sandbox MERCHANT_ID when prompted for the substitution
> > variable above.
>
> > Now, the questions I have are:
>
> > 1. Do I need to obtain some kind of SSL Certificate from Google?
> > 2. If the answer to the last question is "Yes", do I then need to
> > register it in the database using Wallet Manager?
>
> > Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
>
> > James
>
> I claim to know nothing about it, but seehttp://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/u_http...
>
> or google set_wallet.
>
> jg
> --
> _at_home.com is bogus.http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/feb/18/1b18stanford2200-s...

Thanks Joel,

I'm actually on my way down that route at the moment. I'm starting to take a look at the Oracle Advanced Security manual and how to set up wallets for use with SSL. I'll post up my solution on this thread, if I can solve it.

I'm into very new territory here for me. I'd describe myself as a very competent Oracle database developer, but very green when it comes to networks and communication protocols, etc........... I usually work as a contractor in medium - large companies, so all that kind of thing is dealt with by network people. This piece of work is for a friend's small business website, built using APEX and running on an Oracle XE database. The only techies are me and him, and we're both primarily database developers.

This is certainly going to be an interesting challenge! ;) Received on Wed Feb 18 2009 - 19:32:10 CST

Original text of this message