Re: how to see the complete description of table in oracle

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:58:54 -0600

gazzag wrote:
> On 18 Feb, 08:52, juned2..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>> hi,
>>  i want to see the complete description of table with it's structure
>> and constraints.
>> I also want to see the column name on which the constraints are
>> applied.

> Depending on Oracle version, check out the DBMS_METADATA package.
>
> Example: http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_metadata.html
>
> HTH
>
> -g

I miss the DEC/Rdb "show table" command - far superior to anything O ever put out.. DBMS_METADATA gets close. (BTW, the show table was as synonym that did all of that ugly work for you and far more accurately than anything else.

Then here was the RMU/EXTRACT - created a runnable sql script to recreate a database or set of objects... (export - nodata is close to this as well, but far more user friendly.) Received on Wed Feb 18 2009 - 18:58:54 CST

Original text of this message