Re: DataGuard vs Hardware mirroring for DR

From: Michael Austin <>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:53:24 -0600
> We are planning for DR site. We have two options, one is DataGuard,
> another is using Hardware SAN mirroring.
> Is there any pros and cons in terms of this two methods?

Any DR solution can be used successfully - it just depends on 1) how much money you want to spend, 2) how much recoverability is required (ie no lost transactions - what happens when data is in transit and you lose the db and the network before the last update occurs.) and how reasonable are #1 and #2.

I have environments that use each method. Each has it's place and as a result has a cost associated with its criticality.

> Your help is highly appreciated.

You're welcome. Received on Wed Feb 18 2009 - 18:53:24 CST

Original text of this message