Re: Design question

From: Geoff Muldoon <geoff.muldoon_at_trap.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:09:55 +1100

In article <2afc1ce7-173a-45be-a224-96f6d79bf2c8 _at_m42g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, says...

> > In addition of the Kimball book already mentioned, there's a good Oracle-
> > specific data warehouse book (can't put hands on my copy to check the
> > title) by Bert Scalzo.

> I see that the Scalzo book is from 2003 - is that still relevant ? It
> only covers Oracle 8i and 9g. Are there any good recent DWH books for
> Oracle ?

Chapters 1 and 4 (yes, I found my copy!) in particular of "Guide to Data Warehousing and Star Schemas" are at a theoretical level which means they don't really date. A bit like the opening chapters in my well-worn old copy of Tom Kyte's "Expert One-on-One Oracle" (one day I'll get a newer edition, mine's an old 8i one).

For 10g/11 functionality I supplement it with the official Oracle Tahiti doco.

Geoff M Received on Wed Feb 18 2009 - 16:09:55 CST

Original text of this message