Getting "ORA-29024: Certificate validation failure", when using UTL_HTTP to POST to Google Checkout URL

From: Jimbo1 <jamestheboarder_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:07:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello there,

I'm running Oracle 10g Release2, XE Edition.

I'm trying to use the UTL_HTTP Package to submit a POST request to the Google Checkout Test Server.

Now, if I run my script to try to send a POST request to http://www.google.co.uk, it works, i.e.

DECLARE

   l_url VARCHAR2(200) := 'http://www.google.co.uk';
   l_request      UTL_HTTP.REQ;
   l_response     UTL_HTTP.RESP;

BEGIN
   l_request := UTL_HTTP.BEGIN_REQUEST( l_url , 'POST' );    UTL_HTTP.END_REQUEST( l_request ) ;
END;
/

However, if I run it to post to the "https://"-prefixed address, the following script will get an ORA-29024 Exception, i.e.

DECLARE
   l_merchant_url VARCHAR2(200) := 'https://sandbox.google.com/ checkout/api/checkout/v2/reports/Merchant/'||'&MERCHANT_ID';

   l_request      UTL_HTTP.REQ;
   l_response     UTL_HTTP.RESP;

BEGIN
   l_request := UTL_HTTP.BEGIN_REQUEST( l_merchant_url, 'POST' );    UTL_HTTP.END_REQUEST( l_request ) ;
END;
/

The full exception string I'm getting is:

ORA-29273: HTTP request failed
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 1029
ORA-29024: Certificate validation failure
ORA-06512: at line 8

I entered my sandbox MERCHANT_ID when prompted for the substitution variable above.

Now, the questions I have are:

  1. Do I need to obtain some kind of SSL Certificate from Google?
  2. If the answer to the last question is "Yes", do I then need to register it in the database using Wallet Manager?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

James Received on Tue Feb 17 2009 - 16:07:55 CST

Original text of this message