Re: value prediction

From: Matthias Hoys <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:41:37 +0100

"Charles Hooper" <> wrote in message On Feb 17, 2:59 pm, "Matthias Hoys" <> wrote:
> I'm using Oracle 10g.
> Are there any analytic/statistic functions in Oracle to predict future
> values based on existing historical data ?
> For example: I have a table with product sales of the last 5 years, can we
> make an estimation of the sales for the next year ?
> Thanks,
> Matthias

My mathematics are quite rusty, but I seem to recall something about doing the above in a class called Linear Algebra. Check this page:

Linear regression is the answer?

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.

Ok thanks,
I'll check it out. Received on Tue Feb 17 2009 - 14:41:37 CST

Original text of this message