Re: value prediction

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:12:20 +0100

Matthias Hoys schrieb:
> I'm using Oracle 10g.
> Are there any analytic/statistic functions in Oracle to predict future
> values based on existing historical data ?
>
> For example: I have a table with product sales of the last 5 years, can we
> make an estimation of the sales for the next year ?
>
> Thanks,
> Matthias

The function you probably asking for is called prediction http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/functions115.htm#CJAFCHEG but to utilize it, you have to build a model by means of datamining api.

There was a serie of articles by Marcos M.Campos to show how it works

http://oracledmt.blogspot.com/2006/01/time-series-forecasting-part-1_23.html
http://oracledmt.blogspot.com/2006/03/time-series-forecasting-2-single-step.html
http://oracledmt.blogspot.com/2006/05/time-series-forecasting-3-multi-step.html

Best regards

Maxim Received on Tue Feb 17 2009 - 14:12:20 CST

Original text of this message