Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?

From: Geoff Muldoon <geoff.muldoon_at_trap.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:29:30 +1100

Jerry Stuckle says...

> >> The OS should be picked based on the requirements of the database and
> >> rest of the system, not vice versa.
> >
> > In an ideal world, yes.

> > My comments were simply based on the OPs restriction on O/S. There may be
> > valid non-ideal-world reasons for that restriction.

> More than just ideal world. The higher the requirements, the more
> important it is. And he has some pretty high requirements.

No wanting to get into a philosophical argument, but ...

Sometimes restrictions are imposed. Hopefully these will NOT conflict with the requirements, and in the OP's case there is still acceptable remaining flexibility of choice.

My upcoming project will have the RDBMS mandated. I can live with that, because the option imposed on me can more than comfortably handle the requirements. Is this ideal? No. Are the motives for this imposed restriction reasonable in this case? Yes.

Geoff M Received on Mon Feb 16 2009 - 23:29:30 CST

Original text of this message