Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?

From: Gene Wirchenko <>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:47:08 -0800

Paulie <> wrote:

>No CPU data, no disk array data - they haven't even chosen
>an OS and are not sure where to put their web server (and
>no mention of an app server tier!).

     It might be a real project, but it has a feel of irreality. I can not tell if it is wishful thinking or just a homework project.

>Maybe they should run with the mauve db?

     Paulie, I am shocked, simply shocked at your poor advice.

     OP stated: 'Since the server may come with only 32GB of RAM, which SQL can run the "leanest" - that is, not a memory hog?'

     Remember: mauve has the most RAM, so it would not be appropriate here.

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.
     You have biases.