Re: Online redef - is there a better way?

From: Ind-dba <oraclearora_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 00:54:51 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Jonathan for your reply!

While doing FINISH redef -- i saw wait event "Wait for Table Lock" -- does that means that oracle will wait for table lock? And if we wait
-- we can avoid ORA-54? what do you say ?

  1* select username,event,b.object_name from v$session, dba_objects b where username='SYSTEM' and ROW_WAIT_OBJ#=b.object_id; SQL> / USERNAME
EVENT
OBJECT_NAME

SYSTEM                         Wait for Table
Lock                                              TABLE_1

1 row selected.

  • Sachin