Re: Online redef - is there a better way?

From: Ind-dba <oraclearora_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 11:17:09 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Mark for your reply!
  1. We dont have cushion for going with 2nd option -- we cant stop frontend users to not able to work. so availability of tables have to be 100% (1% inconvenience is affordable).
  2. Using DBMS_REDEFINITION.FINISH_REDEF_TABLE - is there a possibility to get "ORA-00054 -- resource busy" at the time of swap of dictionary names of 2 tables?
  3. If yes -- any way to avoid it?
  4. Is there a way to tune dbms_redefination way to work fast. I know im being lazy in asking this. I should do this myself -- but asking if anyone has done this in past?

Thx, Sachin Received on Sat Feb 14 2009 - 13:17:09 CST

Original text of this message