Re: restore using rman

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 10:52:14 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 14, 1:46 pm, Anthony <akkha1..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I mentioned in my original posting that I have tried this on a small
> test database and it is okay. So the script is fine.

If you say ...

> The rationale behind this I was asked to give a copy of the production
> database (6 months old) to an outside vendor. What I have is some
> extra disk space on the production box. I do not want to create
> another instance on the production box just to do this. I do not have
> another box with similar configuration to duplicate a database. I
> cannot shutdown or bounce the database. Tell me what option I have
> besides my script?

Have you read the oracle rman documentation it is all spelled out there the various options.

> Also can someone tell me why I have the error? I am
> not writing to the original location.

Have you opened up a service request with oracle?

> I am using Oracle 10gR2 on a windows 2003 server box.

I you can't figure out why rman is failing you can fall back by doing an alter database backup ... copy the files ... create a new controlfile ... etc ... in other words the old way to do a hot backup before rman came along. Received on Sat Feb 14 2009 - 12:52:14 CST

Original text of this message