Re: restore using rman

From: Anthony <>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 10:46:57 -0800 (PST)

I mentioned in my original posting that I have tried this on a small test database and it is okay. So the script is fine. The rationale behind this I was asked to give a copy of the production database (6 months old) to an outside vendor. What I have is some extra disk space on the production box. I do not want to create another instance on the production box just to do this. I do not have another box with similar configuration to duplicate a database. I cannot shutdown or bounce the database. Tell me what option I have besides my script? Also can someone tell me why I have the error? I am not writing to the original location.

I am using Oracle 10gR2 on a windows 2003 server box. Received on Sat Feb 14 2009 - 12:46:57 CST

Original text of this message