Re: DBCA doesn't create new database (Oracle 11g)

From: <roelof.streekstra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:03:05 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 11, 6:26 pm, rgvguplb <rgvgu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2:04 pm, roelof.streeks..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Feb 11, 4:41 pm, "A. Drolet" <alexandredro..._at_yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > I would try to use Cent OS or Oracles version of LINUX both are
> > derivatives of RedHat and both are free downloads as well. The reason
> > is that you will find RedHat is in the data center more often then
> > Ubuntu.
>
> > Roelof
>
> but is that going to work well on his laptop? or is that no longer a
> problem?

Centos 5.2 has a live cd so it's easy to test out if your machine works :)

Laptops that are completely based on intel chip sets are well supported. Laptops with NVIDA are ok as well so long they do not have a broadcom wireless card in it, all though that gets beter also. Even ATI graphic cards are geting beter since AMD/ATI released specs Radon of the chip sets.

I would say a laptops are not a big of a problem any more as they used to be with Linux.

RedHat released version 5.3 not long ago centos has not yet backported this release, Oracle has done this already so if the live centos5.2 works the you can try oracle's 5.3 build as well.

Roelof. Received on Wed Feb 11 2009 - 19:03:05 CST

Original text of this message