Re: The Query From Hell

From: joel garry <>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:02:24 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 11, 7:57 am, Shakespeare <> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala schreef:
> > On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:55:58 +0100, Shakespeare wrote:
> >> Yes, there are several posts in this group from different posters
> >> (although I believe one poster uses several synonyms) with ''
> >> in the code.  One statement worse than the other...
> >> Shakespeare
> > I went to URL in the code and inspected a bit. It's brilliant:
> > "Make It All BackZacks Announces Plan to Double Your Money
> > chief Steve Reitmeister has prepared our answer to the
> > recession. It's a potent plan to Make It All Back.                 Details
> > will only be confided to those who get on a private list, which closes
> > Feb. 14."
> > Double, no less! How didn't the others think of that? That Steve
> > Reitmeister must be a sheer genius! The details will, of course, cost
> > money and list closes on St. Valentine's Day! There must be a queue
> > forming right now! I was once taken aback when a used car salesman used
> > the phrase "trust me". This guy looks even less trustworthy then the guy
> > who tried to sell me 7 years old Ford Escort for $8k.
> If I knew a way to double my money, I would use it myself, so I would
> not have to hire crappy programmers and dudes who call themselves
> "Senior DBA" to help me earn my money....
> Shakespeare

$250K buys distressed socal rental real estate. $50K down, rent & depreciation tax advantages cover costs. Wait 5 years, sell $375K. After taxes with deprecation recapture, $50K net+your $50K back. Fairly conservative estimates, risk is in management costs (and of course, total macroeconomic meltdown). If it doesn't hit $375K, just keep raising the rent for positive cash flow until it does. When money is loose and values rise fast (well, won't see that again for a while), refinance to get the $50K out first - calculate the % return when you sell after that!

The "geniuses" charge big bucks to tell people that, and sell them the tax-deferral info (called 1031 exchange in the US, combine with owneroccupancy  to avoid taxes on sale). The "scammers" charge big bucks to tell people they don't need the $50K.

Now send me money.

-- is bogus.