Re: Can AQ under CDC be directly accessed?

From: ErikYkema <erik.ykema_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:50:22 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 29, 12:21 am, malcolm <malcolmarn..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 4:26 pm, ErikYkema <erik.yk..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'd like to access the Oracle AQ that is underneath the CDC subscriber
> > window directly.
> > Can it be done? How is the AQ named and can messages be consumed from
> > the AQ without crashing CDC?
>
> > Background information:
> > This is for message based integration (JMS) of an ERP system to an
> > ESB.
> > CDC nicely captures the changes on the source and near-real time by AQ-
> > JMS this could be sent to the ESB.
> > I would like to do this without a polling mechanism that checks the
> > CDC subscriber window every x minutes and then processes that in bulk,
> > as the transactions appear.
>
> > Thanks,
> > ErikYkema
>
> Hi Erik,
>
> It doesn't look like you got much of a response to your query...
>
> But your problem looks interesting to me at least!  If you find a
> neat / elegant solution to what you're trying to do, would you mind
> posting an update?  I see myself wanting to do something similar in
> the future.
>
> Thanks,
> Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,
Thanks for your interest.
Yes, with all humbleness, I would like to suggest that Oracle actually implements a JMS interface to CDC, as an extension to the subscriber view for CDC. Would be really great to enable message based integration based on tables in the ERP system that undergo change.

But I am stuck. Have done some analysis on dba_dependencies etc., but drowned in the internals of many different non-documented objects. Sorry.

Will approach this now with a micro batch that runs every few minutes or so and reads the lines from the subscriber view and posts that to JMS. Thanks and best regards,
Erik Ykema Received on Tue Feb 10 2009 - 14:50:22 CST

Original text of this message