Re: Why can't an RMAN job be edited in 10G dbcontrol?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:02:50 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 10, 4:44 am, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> GS wrote,on my timestamp of 10/02/2009 1:27 AM:
>
> > Nice looking car, and those are impressive stats, funny when you think
> > about how one of todays 4 door "family sedans" will run circles around
> > the old big block vette's of the 70's era. I used to have all the R&T
> > car stats memorized when I was in high school and IIRC the 454 vette's
> > clocked 0-60 in 7.2 and the 911 of the day was around 6.6, both would be
> > left behind by your car.
>
> Yeah, but tell you what: if I could find a good condition 70's era vette or a
> dandy 911 for a reasonable amount, I'd ditch this modern stuff in a second! Just
> the feel and sound of those classic cars is everything, for me!  This new stuff
> is reliable, fine and goes like the clappers.  But the "feel" is just not there,
> IMHO.
The feel and sound gets old after a while - about ten years each car for me :-)

I think all of us who have had old and new versions, especially at the same time, appreciate the newer versions. But I'd say go for the old one if you've never had it. You won't likely make money, like so many other things that's not the reason to get an old car, but unless you get ripped off or are unlucky in abuse, you shouldn't lose much. The trick is not to go into denial about the costs - enough people go overboard you can often find real nice stuff at reasonable costs, as long as you keep away from inflated markets. Some of the show car people are just nuts, arguing about whether there should be welds showing above the 911 license plate holder and what-all. Of course, if you've had and know what you want and your expectations are in line with reality, all the better.

> > I haven't been able to afford my MLC car yet, have to unload the better
> > 1/2's 95 gas guzzling LS Discovery and get her something more economical
> > first. I'm hoping one of these years to find a 73 or newer 914-4  or an
> > earlier 914-6, but a 70's era 911 would be nice too. One day I'd also
> > like to pick up a vintage Model-T as well.
>
> Way to go!  ;)

Dad always used to tell the story about the transmission falling out of the Model-T... :-)

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"Road construction starts Jan-2009." - electronic sign.