Re: Why can't an RMAN job be edited in 10G dbcontrol?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:44:21 +1100

GS wrote,on my timestamp of 10/02/2009 1:27 AM:

> Nice looking car, and those are impressive stats, funny when you think
> about how one of todays 4 door "family sedans" will run circles around
> the old big block vette's of the 70's era. I used to have all the R&T
> car stats memorized when I was in high school and IIRC the 454 vette's
> clocked 0-60 in 7.2 and the 911 of the day was around 6.6, both would be
> left behind by your car.

Yeah, but tell you what: if I could find a good condition 70's era vette or a dandy 911 for a reasonable amount, I'd ditch this modern stuff in a second! Just the feel and sound of those classic cars is everything, for me! This new stuff is reliable, fine and goes like the clappers. But the "feel" is just not there, IMHO.
> I haven't been able to afford my MLC car yet, have to unload the better
> 1/2's 95 gas guzzling LS Discovery and get her something more economical
> first. I'm hoping one of these years to find a 73 or newer 914-4 or an
> earlier 914-6, but a 70's era 911 would be nice too. One day I'd also
> like to pick up a vintage Model-T as well.

Way to go! ;) Received on Tue Feb 10 2009 - 06:44:21 CST

Original text of this message