Streams example

From: jernigam_at_nospam.kochind.com <jernigam_at_kochind.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 07:44:15 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to get an understanding of Streams. I worked through the "single-databse capture and apply example" in the 10.2 Streams Concept and Administration guide. I was able to get it to work. I am implementing a similar process for one of our tables.

I am a little confused on the part where the LCRs are reenqueued back into the Stream. Then you have to manually dequeue them. What purpose does this have? Is this just so that you can view the messages that are created afterwards?

I am working with Oracle 10.2.0.3 on a Sun 64 bit server. Received on Mon Feb 09 2009 - 09:44:15 CST

Original text of this message