Re: Why can't an RMAN job be edited in 10G dbcontrol?

From: GS <gs_at_gs.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 19:41:20 GMT

Noons wrote:
> GS wrote,on my timestamp of 6/02/2009 4:39 PM:
>

>> Dang thats nice.. Factory 6's must be a rare bird these days. The guy
>> I bought my last 2.0 engine from just before I sold my '73 had just
>> yanked it and put in a 2.7 out of an early Carrera into his 74 special
>> edition (remember the black & gold ones?) He put the proper kit in
>> that enabled the original 4's to put flat 6's in them.
>>
>> I'll have to dig up some pics and post them somewhere..
>
> Please do!

Here you go:

http://tinyurl.com/bkqeol

replace the 1 with a 2 and 3 respectively to see the 3 pics, these are yet unretouched scans from neg's, I have full sized ones somewhere, these were shrunk. The pic my914_1.jpg was the day before I sold it (snif!) I had just put a cheap paint job and new (used) 2.0 litre in it with a 2bbl weber and it went like stink! But the body had cancer from an improperly done previous paint job so I got rid of it. Funny thing is I sold it back to the VW dealer I bought it off for about $200 less than what I bought it for (5800 C$)

The my914_2 and _3 photos were taken right after the above mentioned paint job was done. That was a huge mistake, getting the local guy to paint it rather than a reputable shop in Vancouver because he was almost $1000 less. Had I gone with the reputable shop I may still have had the car.

The new cars are impressive though like you said, my buddy had a 70 Shelby GT350 that was a NICE car, I was talking to him the other day and he test drove a new Mustang and he said that even with the smaller horsepower etc. it would still run circles around the Shelby (but he'd sooner still have the Shelby!)

cheers Received on Fri Feb 06 2009 - 13:41:20 CST

Original text of this message