Re: HP and Oracle Team.The alliance of the Kings.

From: Michael Austin <>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:38:15 -0600

hpuxrac wrote:
> On Feb 6, 3:07 am, ""
> <> wrote:
>> Hardware leader HP and software king Oracle has created a new
>> technological; terror something big and massive.

> You think this is timely information on this newsgroup?
> Yikes ... were you hibernating over the winter?

I was able to "play" on an Exadata server last week. I was somewhat impressed - I "have been told" (big grain of salt applied) that the same query executed on a Niteeza and Teradata server was killed after 23+ hrs   and completed in 43 seconds on the Exadata server. 4x2TB tables joined w/no indexing looking for specific data.

It appears they are going to be trying to make in-roads into the very large DW environments. If it functioned as advertised - I have a 250TB db that the sort of queries I tested with should be much faster than my current cluster. Received on Fri Feb 06 2009 - 09:38:15 CST

Original text of this message