Re: Db crashed with no backups :confused:

From: GS <gs_at_gs.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:04:43 GMT

dbagtcol wrote:
> On Jan 30, 5:32 pm, dbagtcol <cx4gt..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 1. Have you taken backups of the control file and SPFILE too?
>>> 2. Is your database in archivelog mode?
>>> 3. Why are you trying to recreate the control file?
>>> 4. What happens when you issue a STARTUP?
>>> HTH
>>> -g- Hide quoted text -
>> 1. I have backups for them.
>> 2. No.
>> 3. Seems like control files, logfiles and datafiles are corrupt, due
>> to power failures.
>> 4. It gives:
>> ORACLE instance started.
>>
>> Total System Global Area 2147483648 bytes
>> Fixed Size 1268508 bytes
>> Variable Size 402654436 bytes
>> Database Buffers 1728053248 bytes
>> Redo Buffers 15507456 bytes
>> Database mounted.
>> ORA-01589: must use RESETLOGS or NORESETLOGS option for database open- Hide quoted text -

> And when I try to open it with resetlogs option,
> SQL>  alter database open resetlogs;
>  alter database open resetlogs
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
> ORA-01110: data file 1: '/u01/app/oracle/oradata/d2he/system01.dbf'

Umm, have you tried:

  "recover datafile '/u01/app/oracle/oradata/d2he/system01.dbf';"?

IIRC, I have had crashes due to power outages and had to do this to each datafile before the instance would open. Received on Fri Jan 30 2009 - 16:04:43 CST

Original text of this message