Re: Regarding Oracle version upgrading questions

From: Noons <>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:07:08 +1100
> 1. did oracle 10g or oracle11g just mean to improve business report
> tools?

No. There is a lot more than just that.

> 2. did oracle 10g and oracle11g improve with performance?

Er.... I assume you men did they improve performance. Yes. But not necessarily applicable to you, depends on how much CBO you are already using.
The 10g and 11g cost-based optimizers are much better than the 8 one.

> 3. did oracle 10g and oracle11g improve with reliablity and
> monitoring tools ?

Definitely, without a shadow of a doubt. Received on Wed Jan 28 2009 - 17:07:08 CST

Original text of this message