What is in a pipe?

From: Geoff May <DoNot_at_Spam.Me>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:10:37 +0000

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out how many messages are queued in a pipe and how long said messages are. Anyone got any ideas?

So far, the best I can come up with is something silly like receiving DBMS_PIPE messages, unpacking them, counting and adding lengths and then repacking and requeuing the messages.

What I would like is something like this:

select * from DBA_ALL_ABOUT_PIPES;

And DBA_ALL_ABOUT_PIPES has the name, type of pipe (public or private), size, number of queued messages and length of messages.

Anyone have any ideas?

Geoff Received on Wed Jan 28 2009 - 15:10:37 CST

Original text of this message