Re: Expiring passwords question

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:39:02 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 26, 12:52 pm, macdba321 <macdba..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>   When I select from dba_users it shows a schema with a password that
> will expire tomorrow. I do not want to change the password however.
>   How can I make the password NOT expire tomorrow? (Without changing
> the password)?
>
> Version 10.2.1, Windows 2003
>
> Thanks!

Stop using the profile. Password aging is part of a resource profile assigned to the user account so you can either alter the profile to modify the password aging/expiration (not recommended) or disassociate the given user from the currently assigned profile by creating a new profile and assigning that to the user account in question. The PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME limit is what you'd need to alter:

alter profile ..... limit password_life_time unlimited; -- not a recommended action as other user accounts also use this profile

If you don't want to chage the profile you can set the user account to use another, less restrictive, profile:

create profile sming limit password_life_time unlimited; -- all nonspecified  limits are using database defaults

alter user blonzo profile sming; -- better recommendation

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Jan 26 2009 - 13:39:02 CST

Original text of this message