Error 12154 - could not resolve the connect indentifier specified

From: jodleren <sonnich_at_hot.ee>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:43:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi all

I have to make to connect to two databases in other departsments. I am using 3 computers, my own, test intra server and intra server. I have updated the tnsnames.ora file on the test server, but it is the only one, which cannot connect to anything except our own server.

The error: ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve the connect indentifier specified
I get this error when trying to connect from the ODBC settings window. Passw is correct, as it works from my conmputer etc, and I am myself in both cases.

Could anyone give me a hint of what I am missing?

The test server has (AFAIK) never been configured to work outside, and now we need it. Also, it is not updated as much as our real stuff, so some settings might lack.

Any ideas?

WBR
Sonnich Received on Mon Jan 26 2009 - 09:43:59 CST

Original text of this message