Re: Fast roll-back

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:06:59 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 23, 6:20 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > You cannot prevent people from asking what they will on this newsgroup.
>
> I cannot prevent anything but I can react to what I perceive as an
> inappropriate behavior. I don't do that very frequently but I've had a
> root canal done yesterday. This is why I am on a group that is not
> moderated.
>
> His feelings will be protected on oracle-l which was rendered useless
> and extremely boring by tolerating posts like the one by OP. I was one
> of the founders until the present moderator, Mr. Steve Adams has rendered
> it useless for me. I guess that protecting morality is easier then doing
> real work on Oracle databases.
>
> This forum is not about feelings, happiness and gladly helping parasites
> who stubbornly refuse to do a bit of work themselves. Again, Steve Adams
> and Dr. Phil will help him with that.

I don't really think this newsgroup will impact much what happens on Oracle L ( whatever that is ).

> > One has the choice of responding or not based on who the poster is.
>
> Oh, there are substantially more choices than that! That's the beauty of
> a group that is not moderated. Essentially, I think that Dan Morgan is
> doing some good work here. Sybrand is too, except for the occasional
> racist comments which I do not condone and disagree with quite bitterly.

Interesting opinions that don't match mine. Occasional?

I don't see complaining about the impacts of a global economy and how it impacts hiring decisions and knowledge levels on this newsgroup as being particularly appropriate but that's just me I guess.

Other people seem much more interested in self promotion that contributing again just my opinion. There's a bunch of people involved in various different roles in various different oracle user groups. Not many pushing that information here. Received on Fri Jan 23 2009 - 17:06:59 CST

Original text of this message