moving 10GR2 from server 2003 32bit to server 2008 64 bit - best method?

From: GS <gs_at_gs.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:56:58 GMT

IIRC correctly an online (or cold) backup (user managed or rman) can't be restored on a different platform, although I faintly recall before 10G was released hearing that 10G datafiles were going to be platform independent, but perhaps I misunderstood.

Anyway, we are upgrading hardware on a 10GR2 database(windows 32b to windows 64b), and am considering different options to move the data. Other than transportable tablespaces (which I have never played with) am I limited to exp/imp?

thanks Received on Thu Jan 22 2009 - 15:56:58 CST

Original text of this message