Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in mixed environment

From: helter skelter <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:05:33 +0100

> We have it set on our set up but we do not remember if we set
> it due to a requirement in the documentation or because we had it set
> previously in our environment due to issues with the listener and
> later pro*c (if my memory is correct) that setting the parameter
> fixed.
> The answer may vary by platform, Oracle version, and the tool set in
> use but I suggest you check your documentation for each product for
> reference to the parameter and set it as suggested if you find it
> listed.
> I am sure I have seen a couple of problem reports on the Oracle
> support site that reference the use of the parameter but naturally I
> cannot remember what they were when the information might be of use.
> Maybe someone else will have this on the top of their head.
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

I've found this:
For Oracle, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is not required for the standard server software, though it may be needed for additional Oracle or third-party products that use shared libraries and, if so, should be set to include the $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory. [...]
in "Pro Oracle Database 10g RAC on linux" Received on Thu Jan 22 2009 - 06:05:33 CST

Original text of this message