Re: Can oracle notify an application

From: <ahanjura_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 04:05:41 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 22, 2:44 pm, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> ahanj..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > Can Oracle notify a running application (Unix) about a change in some
> > table data? something that the application can trap and take an action
> > on?
>
> Apart from the valuable comments, DBMS_PIPE may be a solution when all
> components are oracle.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

Basically, I wanted an update to a oracle system table to callback my unix application (daemon) and refresh its internal data structures. All this should be done in near-real time (<few seconds)

Thanks for your comments,

-Anubhav Received on Thu Jan 22 2009 - 06:05:41 CST

Original text of this message