Re: Hundreds of perl-processes in Linux, Oracle 10.2.0.1

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:52:46 -0600

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:49:22 +0100, sybrandb wrote:
>
>> Availability is going to be a problem. Oracle's support for Windows
>> Itanium 64 leaves much to be desired, and many one-offs and patchsets
>> are not even available for Windows Itanium. 10.2.0.4 is no exception in
>> this regard, and in the meantime Oracle refused to fix a Management
>> Agent bug which makes Grid Control unusable. It will be fixed in 11g GC.
>> Needless to say 11g GC is not available.

> Wow! Thanks, I learned something. I must confess that I've only seen
> Itanium running HP-UX. For HP-UX, support is also somewhat worse then
> for PA RISC. I'm not sure why is Itanic still around? It should have been
> decomissioned and sent to the mothball system room a long time ago.

Itanium is the "new kid" on the block... HP had DEC/Alpha decommissioned in favor of Itanic.

Due to the inordinate number of patches to make 10.2.0.3 work - please skip it and go straight to .0.4. Installing all of the .0.3 quarterly and one-offs will waste at least another 8G of .patch_storage space. Received on Wed Jan 21 2009 - 21:52:46 CST

Original text of this message