Re: Slow access to the data base.

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:59:04 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 16, 6:49 am, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On 16 Jan, 08:33, atch..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Good day,
>
> > I have an oracle installation on an IBM machine with AIX.
> > I have three users created on the Oracle DB: The user "oracle", "mo",
> > and "fo"
> > The installation was working well so far.
> > But for almost a week, the connexion of the users "mo" and "fo" have
> > been very slow. But the connexion to the user "oracle" has no
> > probleme.
> > When I stop the listener, I the users "mo" and "fo" can not access the
> > DB anymore wich mean that even on the same server, the users "mo" and
> > "fo" access the DB via a listenner.
>
> > This is my question:
>
> > 1- How can I do to make sure that on the server the users "mo" and
> > "fo" will access the DB without passing through a listener?
> > 2- What may have happened for the DB access to be sos slow?
> > 3- How can I globally solve the problem.
> > 4- Can I delete the users "mo" and "fo" and recreate them so that they
> > will connect to the DB without passing through a listener? How can I
> > make it?
>
> Good day to you.
>
> 1.  A bequeath connection is achieved by setting the ORACLE_SID
> environment variable appropriately.  i.e:
>
> $ set ORACLE_SID=<database_sid>
> $ sqlplus mo/<password>
>
> 2.  Unknown at present.  Is your bequeath connection any better?
>
> 3.  Unknown at present.
>
> 4.  Not necessary.  See answer 1.
>
> Additionally, examine your alert log and listener log.
>
> HTH
>
> -g- Hide quoted text -

Connect via the listener is necessary for all remote connections and should not be a performance issue for local connections. We have been sending most local connections via the listener since version 7.

I can sqlplus username/password_at_tns_alias and have a connection in a second.

What kind of response time do you see?
Any sqlnet.log files?
Have you tried to checked the listener.log file for any errors/ messages?
Have you tried to run a sqlnet trace?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jan 16 2009 - 11:59:04 CST

Original text of this message