Re: Slow access to the data base.

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 03:49:26 -0800 (PST)

On 16 Jan, 08:33, atch..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I have an oracle installation on an IBM machine with AIX.
> I have three users created on the Oracle DB: The user "oracle", "mo",
> and "fo"
> The installation was working well so far.
> But for almost a week, the connexion of the users "mo" and "fo" have
> been very slow. But the connexion to the user "oracle" has no
> probleme.
> When I stop the listener, I the users "mo" and "fo" can not access the
> DB anymore wich mean that even on the same server, the users "mo" and
> "fo" access the DB via a listenner.
>
> This is my question:
>
> 1- How can I do to make sure that on the server the users "mo" and
> "fo" will access the DB without passing through a listener?
> 2- What may have happened for the DB access to be sos slow?
> 3- How can I globally solve the problem.
> 4- Can I delete the users "mo" and "fo" and recreate them so that they
> will connect to the DB without passing through a listener? How can I
> make it?

Good day to you.

  1. A bequeath connection is achieved by setting the ORACLE_SID environment variable appropriately. i.e:

$ set ORACLE_SID=<database_sid>
$ sqlplus mo/<password>

2. Unknown at present. Is your bequeath connection any better?

3. Unknown at present.

4. Not necessary. See answer 1.

Additionally, examine your alert log and listener log.

HTH -g Received on Fri Jan 16 2009 - 05:49:26 CST

Original text of this message