Slow access to the data base.

From: <atchepi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 00:33:07 -0800 (PST)

Good day,

I have an oracle installation on an IBM machine with AIX. I have three users created on the Oracle DB: The user "oracle", "mo", and "fo"
The installation was working well so far. But for almost a week, the connexion of the users "mo" and "fo" have been very slow. But the connexion to the user "oracle" has no probleme.
When I stop the listener, I the users "mo" and "fo" can not access the DB anymore wich mean that even on the same server, the users "mo" and
"fo" access the DB via a listenner.

This is my question:

1- How can I do to make sure that on the server the users "mo" and
"fo" will access the DB without passing through a listener?

2- What may have happened for the DB access to be sos slow?
3- How can I globally solve the problem.
4- Can I delete the users "mo" and "fo" and recreate them so that they
will connect to the DB without passing through a listener? How can I make it? Received on Fri Jan 16 2009 - 02:33:07 CST

Original text of this message