Re: Help required - URGENT PLS

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 05:44:25 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 13, 8:32 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 14, 12:05 am, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > Charles Hooper wrote,on my timestamp of 12/01/2009 1:50 AM:
> > > Noons, congratulations, you made the news:
> > >http://www.dba-oracle.com/oracle_news/news_oracle_customer_complains_...
> > > Good to see that there is an alternative for Metalink, I wonder if
> > > they provide Oracle patches also.  :-)
>
> > And of course in good Burleson form, the quote is false and incorrect.  Nothing
> > like the "precise" and "scientific" approach of his entire organisation to
> > replace Oracle support!
> > LOL!
>
> Ah, I see he's now changed his statement to what I really said. Of
> course, still incomplete, but let's not dwell on that little detail.
> At least he reads his email and acts on (some) complaints, God bless
> his soul.

[humor on, trying to make sense of the news article] Since you were unhappy with the speed at which Oracle support provided emergency patches to you for your "stable systems", thus causing you to drop your Oracle support contract in favor of a third party Oracle support provider, such as Burleson Consulting, residing in your home country so as to avoid the problems with "foreign remote DBA providers" highlighted on that page, have you noticed that the rate at which emergency patches are provided to you has improved considering that, from that page "only Oracle can provide patches and software upgrades".
[/humor on, trying to make sense of the news article]

I sense some problems, or possible contradictions, drawn from your quote being included on that page, in the context of the other information on that page. It seems that the majority of the quotes on that page are possibly out of context for what the page was originally attempting to accomplish. The inclusion of the quotes on that page seems to indicate that those individuals being quoted have cancelled their Oracle support contracts in order to save thousands of dollars a year by using a 3rd party remote DBA service.

Is it the case that I just misunderstood the intent of news article?

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Wed Jan 14 2009 - 07:44:25 CST

Original text of this message