Re: cannot recover copy of database

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:15:23 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 13, 11:40 am, helter skelter <helterskel..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've got simple rman backup script:
>
> allocate channel c1 device type disk;
> backup incremental level 1 for recover of copy with tag='DB' database;
> recover copy of database with tag='DB';
> release channel c1;
>
> Everything works fine until I've started doing some other backups to the
> tape. Now when I run this script I got error:
>
> RMAN-05019: WARNING: no channel of required type allocated to recover
> copy of datafile [all_datafile_copies]
>
> I've run crosscheck backup/copy, delete expired, delete obsolete - on
> device type disk and tape too.
>
> When I list copy of database, everything looks fine, copy is on device
> type DISK, available etc. Also backup made for recover of this copy is
> fine and it's on device type disk.
>
> What's wrong?
>
> thanks
>
> ===
>
> CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 14 DAYS;
> CONFIGURE BACKUP OPTIMIZATION OFF; # default
> CONFIGURE DEFAULT DEVICE TYPE TO DISK; # default
> CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
> CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '%F'; #
> default
> CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 2 BACKUP TYPE TO BACKUPSET;
> CONFIGURE DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
> CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
> CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO UNLIMITED; # default
> CONFIGURE ENCRYPTION FOR DATABASE OFF; # default
> CONFIGURE ENCRYPTION ALGORITHM 'AES128'; # default
>
> oracle 10.2.0.3, rhel5

This sounds like not-a-bug-with-no-explanation 5405227

The workaround is to allocate both tape and disk channels to allow rman to think they are checking them.

This sounds bogus to me, you should open a support call and get a better answer.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?no_d2=1&sid=09/01/13/2055211