Re: When should one rebuild an index?

From: raja <dextersunil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 06:17:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding rebuilding indexes on max partition.

Please explain me / tel me how can we proceed regarding the following scenarios :

  1. rebuilding indexes on a max partition with data
  2. rebuilding indexes on a max partition with data on local indexes
  3. rebuilding indexes on a max partition with data on global indexes
  4. rebuilding indexes on a max partition without data
  5. rebuilding indexes on a max partition without data on local indexes
  6. rebuilding indexes on a max partition without data on global indexes

Table partition details are as follows :

partitioning_type subpartitioning_type
list                           none
range                        hash

Index partition details are as follows :

partitioning_type subpartitioning_type
range                        hash

If someone explain with examples or provide URLs having examples, i would be very much thankful.
Please help on this by detailed explanation.

With Regards,
Raja. Received on Tue Jan 13 2009 - 08:17:22 CST

Original text of this message