Re: Help required - URGENT PLS

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:52:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 03:16:59 +0000, Palooka wrote:

> CAN U HELP ME? I get ORA-01034 WHEN I TRY TO GET TO MY DB. THIS IS
> PROD, SO YOU MUST NOT DLEAY. PLS DO THE NEEDFUL SOONEST.
>
> THX GURU'S.
> RANJEET

  1. Do not post in capitals, it's considered shouting and extremely rude.
  2. It's not so urgent for me. If you need help with your database, call support. They're paid for that, I am not. I am under no obligation here. 3)

-bash-3.00$ oerr ora 1034
01034, 00000, "ORACLE not available"
// *Cause: Oracle was not started up. Possible causes include the following:

//         - The SGA requires more space than was allocated for it.
//         - The operating-system variable pointing to the instance is
//           improperly defined.
// *Action: Refer to accompanying messages for possible causes and correct
//          the problem mentioned in the other messages.
//          If Oracle has been initialized, then on some operating
systems,
//          verify that Oracle was linked correctly. See the platform
//          specific Oracle documentation.
-bash-3.00$
--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com