Re: Unexpected conversion from AL32UTF8 to WE8ISO8859P1

From: Laurenz Albe <>
Date: 08 Jan 2009 16:21:56 GMT

Jaap W. van Dijk <> wrote:
> Just to be sure about what is in the database: could you execute a
> 'select dump(val) from nlsdate' on both databases?

I already deleted all the stuff...
But I'm sure that I did not encounter your problem because there were no inverted question marks.

> Furthermore my, procedure is coded as follows:
> CREATE OR REPLACE procedure jvd_conv
> as
> begin
> delete from test_jvd;
> dbms_output.put_line('delete: '||sql%rowcount);
> insert into test_jvd
> select * from test_jvd_at_apps_cjibda;
> dbms_output.put_line('insert: '||sql%rowcount);
> commit;
> end;
> /

Looks simple enough.

Could you run my test case and see if it works for you or not?

Laurenz Albe Received on Thu Jan 08 2009 - 10:21:56 CST

Original text of this message