Re: What is the ora_q000 process

From: Chuck <chuckh1958_nospam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 22:19:12 GMT

ddf wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2:34 pm, Chuck <chuckh1958_nos..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've got three background processes named ora_q000, ora_q001, and
>> ora_q003 on a 10.2.0.4 instance. What are they?

> AQ processes.
>
>> The documentation
>> (http://tinyurl.com/85945h) says nothing about ora_q000 processes, and a
>> google search didn't turn up anything other than other folks asking the
>> same question but not getting an answer.

> Try Metalink.
>
>> TIA

> David Fitzjarrell

So why would I have them if I'm not using advanced queuing? Is Oracle using AQ on it's own?

The reason I'm asking is because yesterday one of our dba's dropped a tablespace with a 30g datafile in it, them manually rm'ed the file from the OS (Solaris 10). The space never got released so we went looking for a process that might have had the file open. We found it was still opened by ora_q001. Received on Wed Jan 07 2009 - 16:19:12 CST

Original text of this message