Re: XP Startup Hangs

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:12:36 +0100

"Preston" <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid> wrote in message news:6sjd90F68q2lU1_at_mid.individual.net...
> Many of our clients' PCs have started hanging at the 'Loading Personal
> Settings' stage since installing 11g client. If they unplug the network
> cable before switching on, then plug it back in afterwards, the problem
> goes away. Similarly restoring back to 10g client solves the problem.
>
> A quick Google hasn't turned up anything useful. Anyone else
> experienced this?
>
> --
> Preston

You must be using roaming profiles ? Probably the Oracle 11g client installs something in a folder that is part of the user profile so it becomes too big to load fast from the network. Maybe try installing the 11g client in a folder that is not part of the roaming profile ?

Matthias Received on Wed Jan 07 2009 - 13:12:36 CST

Original text of this message