Re: How to exclude a Table during Import

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:33:28 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 7, 10:49 am, (Viktor Zacek) wrote:
> <> wrote:
> > Now , while import the entire tom.dmp file to some other database ,
> > excluding T2 table.
> > How to do that in import statements.?
> > I mean is there any option in import which can be used to exclude few
> > tables.
> I know of no way in Oracle 9i.
> You can do it with datapump which is in Oracle 10g.
> Best regards,
> Viktor Zacek

On as Viktor said there is no native imp parameter to exclude a single table from the import.

One way to simulate the feature might be if no objects exist for the user so that you can run imp using the default ignore=n parameter value then precreate the one undesired table with indexes. Being empty it will take very little room and on import because the create table will fall and ignore is set to no then the imp utility will not insert the data. Now drop the table.

Be sure to use the log= parameter so you have a record of the import and can verify the results are what you want.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jan 07 2009 - 11:33:28 CST

Original text of this message