Re: Monitor Standby Database using Grid Control

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 05:48:55 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 6, 3:35 pm, cbarak <charlinba..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Pete's,
> thanks for the information.
>
> I do not know why I got the impression that Grid Control can also
> monitor if the standby db is in sync with primary. Seems pretty
> useless to me if Grid Control can only monitor if standby is mounted
> or not.
>
> Thanks.

There are several pages dedicated to "Data Guard" statistics, but there may be more since we do not use "Data Guard Broker". It's been quite a while since several of our standby's have gotten out of sync, I don't recall any alerts other than the scripting we wrote to verify they were in sync.

HTH,
Pete's Received on Wed Jan 07 2009 - 07:48:55 CST

Original text of this message