Re: When should one rebuild an index?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:58:02 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 5, 6:46 pm, "Bob Jones" <em..._at_me.not> wrote:
> "joel garry" <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 5, 4:54 pm, "Bob Jones" <em..._at_me.not> wrote:
>
> > "Noons" <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>
> >news:gjl3g1$vdr$1_at_news.motzarella.org...> Mladen Gogala wrote,on my
> > timestamp of 2/01/2009 8:03 PM:

> > Only reason I still come back from time to time.
> > I'd rather put up with bozos like NS than dull
> > arse-kissers and rude newbies like MG.
> >I must say, I respect those guys because of the informative postings
> > they've made over a long period of time (and I mean decades in the
> >case of Noons).
>
> As informative as this thread? I see.
>
> >Can't say as I've seen anything really useful from you. Care to point
> >towards something you've done that would improve my opinion?
>
> Care to read the thread before inserting comments?

I've followed it from the beginning, the technical issues were so predictable I didn't bother to comment.

You said:

> It doesn't look like OP has reached any conclusion yet.

It looks to me Dan Morgan hit the nail early on, and you made yourself seem as if you haven't read or purposefully ignored the excellent Richard Foote notes on the subject.

> >Nothing
> >wrong with lurking, nothing wrong with opinions, but it does help
> >everyone if people contribute positively when they can, and no one
> >wants to see plain negativity.
>
> The negativity started when someone cut in the middle of this thread with
> some rude nonsense.
>
> If all you saw was negativity, then unbiased negativity is still better than
> biased positivity (ass-kissing). Wouldn't you agree?

Doesn't look unbiased to me, otherwise I might agree. Calling MG an arse-kisser and newbie... I think some of us got a big laugh out of that. At your expense.

Happy Birthday Mladen! I'll be only 1.0833333 times your age Saturday. My birthday was 2 weeks ago Wednesday. Yep, that day every year <sigh>.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
No more free beer.